Help with color/pattern id

yellowherb

Songster
5 Years
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
Color identification help please if possible. She's not a pure breed of any sort but comes from a buff Colombian color brahma mix hen and a white sultan rooster. I love her color and would like to figure out how to reproduce it considering I no longer have her parents.
(the speckled lavender in the back) Her sister is the blue? in the foreground.
Thanks.

I bought the eggs from LeviS here at BYC. I see from the current post that LeviS has some lavender orpingtons and I think he or she was working on a certain color of brahma but had buff laced and blue/gold partridges mixed in with the flock.

The picture of Pinky (the weird speckled lavender) is sort of a older one. She's remained very similar looking though as she's matured. She started life out almost exactly the same color as her sister, both were silvery colored chickes with pinky being slight lighter than crispy, her sister. She definitely has a pattern of some sort rather than random speckles. For instance, all of her tail feathers are white tipped.

She's extremely broody too :) Bonus for me since I'm used to non brooding sultans. Pinky was just found sitting on about 18 eggs, some of which are probably not her own since some were white and some pale brown. She's been topped by a white sultan and/or a barred LF cochin. I did hatch a few of what I think were her early eggs and all 3 chicks are white with one having a bit of color on the wing tips. I was hoping her color would be dominate over the white sultan since they are meant to be recessive white I think, but who knows!

I've been trying to remember what hens i had at that time were. I know my roosters were a Swedish Flower Hen, a Buff Laced and a Gold Laced Brahma. The hens were buff and lavender orpington, buff laced, gold laced and buff brahma, easter egger, black copper maran, partridge brahma...I believe.

Sorry it's been a while since I posted. I don't care much for the new forum.
I remember buying the eggs because of the Swedish flower hen, buff laced and then I think there may have been a blue gold laced brahma in there too. What I ended up hatching and growing was a solid black hen and a buff brahma looking hen. I think my girls came from the buff brahma colored hen crossed with my sultan rooster. Whatever it ended up being, Pinky, the lavender speckled hen seems to toss out a lot of blue or lavender chicks. I have a little rooster chick who looks a lot like her in color and pattern. She also had a black sultan chick for me (which was promptly eaten by a cochin rooster). Whatever color they actually are, Pinky and Crispy are here to stay and are a large part of my colored sultan breeding program :) Both lay large pale brown eggs nearly daily and are sweet tempered. They are not as large as their mother, but are larger than my sultan hens. So they are perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom