help with digestion

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gummybear61, Aug 23, 2016.

1. gummybear61

gummybear61 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2016
    chicago
    i was cleaning up my coop with some bleach and water . jelly drank from the falling water that was not propery diluted . it was only 1 gulp as i stop scared her away right away.... will she be ok

what should i look for

2. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    You can call poison control and see what they advise. The number is most likely on the bleach bottle.

I'm not sure what you would look for. Hopefully she did not ingest much - I'm assuming undiluted bleach?

I think bleach could possibly cause chemical burns in the beak/throat, depending on how much she drank.

I would watch to see if she were eating and drinking normally.

3. gummybear61

Apr 12, 2016
    chicago
    it was dilutes not propery though still more water then bleach that you could smell it.. but she only was able to get one gulp as i shooed her away right away. they were not in coop while i was doing this but she so quick.

4. Wyorp Rock

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Oh they are quick and sneaky. Always wanting to be in the middle of things. One of mine just has to get into the "poop bucket" when I'm scooping poop and raking the run, she thinks it's awesome.[​IMG]

How is she doing today? If she is eating/drinking and acting normal I would think she's fine. If it were going to poison her or cause problems, I think you would already be seeing signs/symptoms - it's been close to a day?

5. gummybear61

Apr 12, 2016
    chicago
    this happened about 7 last night when i cheched on her all night when i checked her this am 530ish she was her peppy self [​IMG][​IMG] thank you

6. gummybear61

Apr 12, 2016
    chicago
    thank you

7. Wyorp Rock

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    That's great! Glad to hear she is doing fine.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by