1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with Duck hatching!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rtda4, Oct 23, 2011.

1. rtda4

rtda4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Can someone please tell me how long it can take for a duck to hatch from its egg. It has been hatching since Friday afternoon.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:48 hrs sometimes, how far out of the shell? and is this your first time to hatch duck eggs?

3. rtda4

yes this is my first time hatching in a incubator. Momma duck got killed. The baby has the egg cracked all around the top. It is moving and peeping but no part of the duck is out.

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Ducklings like to stop in the middle to rest, and then they keep going. (s)he will come out when ots ready.

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have never hatched in a bator before but I do know it takes time and alot of hard work to get out of the shell, so don't panic. I have read some have hatched after 3 days. as long as your humidity is where it should be you shouldn't have to worry about shrink wrapping.

6. rtda4

The temp is a steady 99.6 and the humidity is 67%. He is working hard.

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
  8. rtda4

I wanted to say thank you for all the help. BYC has been a wealth of information. All the people are very nice.

9. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Yes there are some really great people on here, with alot more info than I have lol, my bators are my ducks. I just know it's nerve wracking waiting for the big event. I can't imagine what it would be like to sit and watch it happening.

10. TammyC

TammyC Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    Quote:Yes they re wonderful people on here and Miss Lydia is one of them and helped me through my duck hatch..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by