Jessicamtorres93

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2020
Hi,

I am new to this page and I have a crested duck and a domestic white duck that have been laying eggs and I incubated 3. I collected them on November 21st. They may have been sitting in the coop a day or two. but my duck was not sitting on them so I brought them in. I have a video and a few pics I will post. Question is, are they internally pipping? Also you can see that one is a little behind. I thought it was dead because it had some dark sport on one side but I can still see lots of movement. This video was taken on December 14th at 1:04am.

Plase let me know how long it takes from here and if this is normal. I thought they were supposed to hatch Dec. 19th. Temp is a steady 101 F. and I have been keeping the humidity well by the look of the airsick during the weeks of candling.
It won't let me post a video, but here are images from the eggs that are moving.
IMG_5820.jpg

THIS ONE IS MOVING A LOT AND MAYBE OLDER THAN THE REST?

IMG_5818.jpg

THIS ONE IS MOVING UP AND DOWN LIKE IT IS TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH.

IMG_5821.jpg

THIS ONE HASENT BROKEN THROUGH YET BUT IS STILL MOVING, ALTHOUGH ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EGG IT HAD DARK SPOTS AS IF IT WAS A DEAD EGG

Any information would be useful! Thank you!

-Jessica

101 sounds high. Is it a still air incubator? A higher temp can cause them to hatch a little early. The first 2 do not look internally pipped but they look close. Third one doesn't look great to me. Have you been moving them around the incubator? How's your humidity been?

Sorry I meant 98F. It shows it in Celsius so it’s confusing. 2 hatched. One was super healthy. All on its own. The other was shrink wrapped so I peeled some shell and outer membrane off and moistened the inner membrane. Then after a while I peeled come off and he came out. I thought he was a goner because he was just laying their and had splayed legs and the yolk still attached . Today After I noticed the yolk was gone, I put vet-wrap on his legs for a little And BOOM! He was walking around. I took the wrap off because the other duck was pecking at it. He is getting stronger and can actually keep his head up and wobble around.
third egg pipped today once. Waiting to see what happens !

What I have found (with chickens at least) is that it can take up to a day for them to warm up enough to start developing(it might not be the case for ducks though). I am pretty sure as long as they are moving they should be fine. Best of luck :)

101 sounds high. Is it a still air incubator? A higher temp can cause them to hatch a little early. The first 2 do not look internally pipped but they look close. Third one doesn't look great to me. Have you been moving them around the incubator? How's your humidity been?

Hi,

I am new to this page and I have a crested duck and a domestic white duck that have been laying eggs and I incubated 3. I collected them on November 21st. They may have been sitting in the coop a day or two. but my duck was not sitting on them so I brought them in. I have a video and a few pics I will post. Question is, are they internally pipping? Also you can see that one is a little behind. I thought it was dead because it had some dark sport on one side but I can still see lots of movement. This video was taken on December 14th at 1:04am.

Plase let me know how long it takes from here and if this is normal. I thought they were supposed to hatch Dec. 19th. Temp is a steady 101 F. and I have been keeping the humidity well by the look of the airsick during the weeks of candling.
It won't let me post a video, but here are images from the eggs that are moving.View attachment 2448880
THIS ONE IS MOVING A LOT AND MAYBE OLDER THAN THE REST?

View attachment 2448881
THIS ONE IS MOVING UP AND DOWN LIKE IT IS TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH.

View attachment 2448883
THIS ONE HASENT BROKEN THROUGH YET BUT IS STILL MOVING, ALTHOUGH ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EGG IT HAD DARK SPOTS AS IF IT WAS A DEAD EGG

Any information would be useful! Thank you!

-Jessica
20201204_10372515.jpg

How’s the last egg? I hatched out ducks for the first time last fall and I had an egg look like your last one. It ended up being malpositioned and I didn’t realize it in time.. it died.
I hope they are all doing well! They are super cute!!💛

They all survived and now I have two beautiful females and a male! It’s weird their parents are white pekins and they’re brown 🤔

Back
Top Bottom