Help With Eye Injury, Please!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Padfoot417, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Padfoot417

Padfoot417 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Hey all...
    I went out to my coop tonight to put the flock in....my little guy Castiel loves to hop on my back when I lean over to grab the eggs from the box. Usually once I start to stand up he walks up to my shoulder where he sits until I make him get off. Tonight he seemed to have trouble making his way up, and once he stopped stabbing me in the neck from being too far over I could see something covering his left eye. At first I figured it was just a little stray fluff, but once in the light I could see it was bloody and gelatinous. He let me really examine his eye, and I found out that it's actually the inner lid.... It somehow got ripped from the back and top of the eye.... It's now more in the front of his eye and covers it when he tries to look around. He's keeping it closed mostly, and doesn't seem too bothered, just confused. It looks almost like a backwards horse blinder, and I'm just confused on what I should do!! I'm sure it must hurt, and if nothing else it's a pain in the badinski.
    Somebody please help me!!!

2. cluck cluck 123

cluck cluck 123 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2013
    I would seek medical help and separate him from the rest of the flock. Hope I help![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Padfoot417

Padfoot417 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I definitely would if the nearest vet wasn't 3 hours away [​IMG] I've done for him what I did with Moe, which was pretty much nothing. I separated him of course, and have kept tabs each day. Today it seemed almost worse than yesterday. It was more swollen and started to really get watery and gross... I haven't touched it at all; I don't want to make it any worse! Cas still seems hardly bothered, just annoyed. He doesn't seem to have any issues with his sight either. At this point I'm just glad Sam and Dean are there to help him out too. Moe's injury was much worse, but Castiel's is taking way longer to show any improvement. I'm not really sure what I should do!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by