Help with gender please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by vivi051, May 22, 2016.

1. vivi051

vivi051 New Egg

May 22, 2016
    Laurentides, Quebec
    Those are my 7 week old chickens which breed and gender you think they are ?

[​IMG]
    nugget1
    [​IMG]
    nugget2
    [​IMG]
    pixie
    [​IMG]

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    By the small comb and wattles on Nugget I am going with pullet. The Spitzenhauben I can't help with, haven't seen any of them as young birds.

3. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I also think Nugget is a pullet! [​IMG] I can't tell with the Spitz from the pictures.....is there any way you could look at its "pimples" to see if they're pink and noticeable?

~Alex

4. vivi051

vivi051 New Egg

May 22, 2016
    Laurentides, Quebec

By pimples you mean the littles dots on the skin ? Sorry if my english is bad i'm a french canadian ;) if its what you mean the pimples are yellow/white

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Alexandra33

Your English is quite good! :D I'm sorry I didn't clarify better; by "pimples," I meant the comb. Since it's v-shaped, it looks like two little raised bumps. :)

~Alex

6. Alexandra33

You know it kind of looks like your stunning Spitz is a pullet! I'm drooling......my two girls are the Silver, not the Gold. [​IMG]

~Alex

7. vivi051

vivi051 New Egg

May 22, 2016
    Laurentides, Quebec
    Thanks for the help !!! [​IMG] I rescued them 2 weeks ago and I hope they are pullets because the law in my city is very rude to people with roosters... i have already two chantecler and they are very friendly with the new chicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by