Help with genders!! Possible frizzle?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gwenevere14, Aug 9, 2013.

1. gwenevere14

gwenevere14 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2013
    Portland OR
    Hi all! I'm new at chicken keeping and just got some chicks a couple weeks ago. I'd like to introduce them and any feedback on their genders would be greatly appreciated! Im hoping for all hens so I'm dying to find out! Thanks!

This is Gertrude, the Buff Orpington. About 3 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Astrid, the Barred Rock, 3 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Cleopatra, the Easter Egger, 3 weeks (she's by far the biggest of them all)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Helga, the Black Australorp, 3 weeks (she's really shy, hard to get a good picture of)
    [​IMG]

These are my bantam Cochins. Dorothy is the grey one, Pearl is the yellow/white one. They're about 2 weeks old and still very shy. Pearl won't let me come near her :( I'm wondering if they will ever be tame. Also Dorothy has feathers coming in that are very skinny and frayed looking. Does she look frizzle?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

If your banties won't come near you you should bring them out and hold them very often

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It is too young to tell the gender. Post more photos when they are 4-8 weeks old, and I'll be able to give a better opinion. So far, though, no bird is obviously a rooster.

4. gwenevere14

gwenevere14 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2013
    Portland OR
    Thanks! I will definitely post more pictures in a couple weeks. And I try to put my hand near the bantams and they run away. When I pick them up they freak out and try to get away. I feel bad holding them. Should I keep trying to hold them even though they hate it? I don't want them to be more afraid of me :(

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    It's to young to sex them, sorry!

6. Tricoglossus

Tricoglossus Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    X2 and I never name them before I know their genders for certain - I seem to end up with so many boys if I give them all girly names to begin with!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by