Help with Goldens

Feb 19, 2022
Disclaimer: currently have these in a hutch inside - daily highs are in the mid 90s here and rising.

This weekend marks three weeks since I hatched these from an order of italian eggs. I have 9 total and need some help in sexing them.

I am more familiar with pharoahs and know that the solid red/brown chest is male and speckled chest is female - is that consistent with these? If so, only 2 of the 9 are females.

Also, how do I tell the difference between one copy of fawn and two copies of fawn?

Attachments

• 9509AF1D-3A73-4CA0-9F58-E18D9922C2DB.jpeg
    9509AF1D-3A73-4CA0-9F58-E18D9922C2DB.jpeg
    603.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 0537BE5F-A5CC-459B-8CD0-AB73730DD175.jpeg
    0537BE5F-A5CC-459B-8CD0-AB73730DD175.jpeg
    528.1 KB · Views: 5
  • AD29CDF8-DF7F-4587-A36F-412DC1C5F6E3.jpeg
    AD29CDF8-DF7F-4587-A36F-412DC1C5F6E3.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 5
Disclaimer: currently have these in a hutch inside - daily highs are in the mid 90s here and rising.

This weekend marks three weeks since I hatched these from an order of italian eggs. I have 9 total and need some help in sexing them.

I am more familiar with pharoahs and know that the solid red/brown chest is male and speckled chest is female - is that consistent with these? If so, only 2 of the 9 are females.

Also, how do I tell the difference between one copy of fawn and two copies of fawn?
@Pyxis @FloorCandy can yall answer genetics question ?

First pic is female, looks like it has fee, but may be sex linked brown.

2nd pic- both males, the one off camera on the left looks male too

3rd pic all 3 visible chests are male, far left looks male based on dark neck.

All birds pictured have 1 copy of fawn (Italian). 2 copies of fawn have very few spots. Yours are on the spottier side and are what some people call speckled Italian, that just means they favor pharaoh lineage. Birds with 1 copy of fawn and 1 copy of ranged have a more reverse brindle (tiger) look, that i like to call peanut butter fudge swirl, while I’d call Italian more Reese’s pieces if that makes sense, and then speckled Italian have more black spots tha average and you’ll often see signs of the pharaoh back stripes. So if you cross regular looking Italian to pharaoh, you will get some pharaoh, some Italian, and some speckled Italian. If you cross 2 regular Italian (1copy fawn 1copy pharaoh), you will get 25% manchurian, 25% pharaoh, and 50% italian, if you cross regular italian to range, you will get italian, rosetta, and some that look more or less like italian.

Back
Top Bottom