help with hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lovemychicks2much, Apr 4, 2009.

1. lovemychicks2much

lovemychicks2much Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    hey everyone i have chick and ring neck pheasants on there way and i was just wondering on the days for both of them until hatching and what should the temps be anyhone that can help would be greatly appericated

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    99.5 for forced air incubator. Im not real sure about a still air incubator, I belive it is around 101

3. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    mine is just one of the styrofoam ones and its old to we have had it since i was little lol but it sill works my mom just used it a few weeks ago to hatch some off and she had good turn out and the ones that didnt hatch did have chicks in them and for somr reason they did hatch but anyways i was just wondering about the temp because of the ones that didnt hatch i thought it may of had something to do with the temp

4. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    cam someone give me some help with chickens i need to know how many days in the bator and at what temp and humidity

5. needtohatch

needtohatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Chickens about 21 days. Turn them 1-5 times per day 1-18 then no turning after day 18. Temp for still air should be around 101-102. Not for sure about forced air I think 99.5. Humidity depends on who you ask. I am keeping mine around 40-45% days 1-18 and up to 65% starting day 18. I don't know anything about pheasants. Maybe someone else will know.
    Good luck!

6. lovemychicks2much

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    thanks so much for everyones help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by