Help with hatching!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DUCKGIRL89, Sep 21, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Ok, so some of you proba ly heard my khaki campbell eggs didnt hatch, at all! So I want to try again with my own duck eggs. But me and the family are going to NY to visit my uncle in two weeks. And I would need to take the eggs to my friend who lives 20 minutes away, but the eggs would allready be in the bator for a week, would it be ok it I unpluged the bator and take it over? Or would to much heat get out? Would the eggs get to cold? I really want to set next week becuz I want it to be as soon as posible. Can I do this or wait till we get back?

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. djennings

djennings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    They should be ok for that amount of time, my electricity was off for 3 hours one day and all hatched. [​IMG]

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Thats great!!! So next week I will have more eggs in the bator! Thanks a bunch!

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

duck eggs usually benefit from a bit of a cooldown every day anyway.. so they should be fine.. I just had 4 muscovy ducks hatch out from shipped eggs.. and a 5th one is halfway out.. then 8 more eggs in one bator and 18 more in another.. they all look good so you can never tell with shipped eggs

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:I hope all goes well your way! [​IMG] I cant wait till I have all the eggs I want and they go in the bator. I want me some little fuzzy butts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by