1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help with humidity

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Barnyard, May 27, 2008.

1. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    How do you get the humidity to go down in a LG still air bator? Right now it is running 77% and there is no water in the bator at all.....

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    :this the himidity that high in your house .if so you will never get the humidity down.mybe your hydrometer is ready wrong

3. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Well that is a good question. I don't know what the humidity is in the house. I guess I need to check that....[​IMG]

4. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    do I still incubate if the humidity is that high or do I need to find a different room to put the bator in.

Oh just for the record, this is not at my house. I am letting my friend use my bator and it is at her house. I am trying to get it regulated for her bacause this is her first hatch. I have never had this problem before at my house.

5. lsuphillier1

lsuphillier1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    Does she have a problem with her windows sweating real bad? If so, she probably has a lot of humidity inside her house.

6. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Not that I know of. It is really hot during the day though, and then it cools down at night. I am not sure what to tell her, other than "I'll be glad to incubate them", lol.

7. Homegroanacres

Homegroanacres Chillin w/the Ice in my Glass

Apr 10, 2008
    Salem, Oregon
    Get a dehumidifiery and put in that room if you can

John [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by