Help with ideas?

foREVer

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
SE Michigan
Okay, so, I am on a tight budget thank to the failure of our previous coops, lol.

My dad built our last two coops, and, no offense to him, the man does not belong with a hammer in his hand.
roll.png

Anyway, the ground up here in Michigan is FINALLY starting to thaw, and I want to get started on a new coop for these chicks I just got. So, I need some design ideas.

Needs to be:
*Under $500
*Big enough for 16 chickens- 6 being bantams. (Okay, well, maybe around 20. I am thinking of sneaking some more chicks past my mom and brooding them in the basement, where she never is)
wink.png

*Have a covered run. If this is going to be too expensive, then maybe not, but with all of this heavy snow and rain, a covered run would be nice so the chickens don't have to stay locked up all winter.

I have:
*300 feet of 6' high 2x3" welded fencing from TSC
*Shingles
*A good amount of lumber. (Enough to frame a 10x10 shed, plus some of the wood from the walls)
*6 eight foot high, 1 foot diameter, round fence posts
*A 10 foot wide gate
*20 feet of 3' high chain-link fence

Specifics: I would like for the run to have a tin roof, and I think we may pick a shed up off craigslist for cheap and use that for the coop.

So, if anyone has some ideas about a coop that would fit my needs, feel free to post some pics, or just even describe your ideas
smile.png

The best place to get ideas for the coop is go back to the BYC home page and click on the coop pages. Trust me, there is every size, every shape, and every degree of fancy, imaginative, and resourceful uses of supplies. Go there first! Many have runs attached, some even have plans!

Back
Top Bottom