Help with identification (Pics) photo in post 6?

NanaKat

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Meeker, Ok 20+chicken years
Purchased 15 chicks from Atwoods and they are now 3 weeks old.

1 ) Part of the new flock . One is a buff colored polish - what is this color called? And could these be roo top feathers? There are some australorps in the flock also
23941_100_5513.jpg

2 ) This big bird is twice the size of the standards What is it? As a chick it was totally brown.
23941_unknown_with_two_others.jpg

3) Another photo of the same big bird. The Barred Rock may be a roo and the other one in the back left is up for identification if you can help on it too. The one on the right is a polish crested.
23941_what_am_i_chick.jpg

4) Could this be a femalie Polish Crested by the feathers on its head? What is the feather pattern called?
23941_polish_roo.jpg

5) What is this feather pattern called?
23941_lace_polish.jpg

Last edited:
2nd picture in the back is a rooster, not sure of the breed - maybe an Easter Egger. 3rd picture, could be a BR (or a black sex link) is a roo as well. It's way too early to tell sex on the polish.

2nd picture, the black girl could be an Australorp or a black sex link.

Top pick looks like it could be a wyandotte judging by the comb (also appears to be male). Your polish is a gold laced, don't know the sex, sorry. The barred rock is a male for sure! Actually looks like both of those barred chicks in the top picture are male.

Definitely the Barred Rocks are roos. The white spots on the top of the heads were not a clear white dot but a uneven circle...now that I've done a little research.

So I have two colors of Crested Polish. The lighter is a Golden Lace ... and the tw darker ones are more red. Are they still considered Golden Lace?

I wondered if the big chick in the 2nd and 3rd photos was a Jersey Giant brown or a cross breed.....

Forgot to post this photo. Have no idea what the light colored chick is. There is some silver or blue in the feathering.
23941_dk_light_br_blonde_polish.jpg

Last edited:
The red polish would be a red, but will have black mixed in there, the others are gold laced polish. They look like boys because they seem to have mohawks rather than the "poof" being to the sides. (hope that makes sense) The brown one looks like an EE roo. Looks like a pea comb and it also looks to have some red to it already which is why I'm saying boy. Don't be too quick on that one though. I had an EE hen that everybody insisted was a boy, but she wound up laying nice green eggs
wink.png
The barred rock also looks like a roo... Australorps seem to look like girls.

Thank you for the advice.

I'm bumping this up for some help on the photo of chicks in post # 6. These babies have white legs along with the blue or silver feathers...standard size.

Back
Top Bottom