Help with incubating Serama and Silkie eggs

BekahBear

Songster
11 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Arizona
I have some shipped eggs in the incubator right now. Most are Serama and a couple are Silkie.
I am used to incubating standard chicken eggs. I do not have experience with hatching these bantam breeds, so I am hoping to find out from someone who does. The eggs are in a Nurture Right 360 incubator so they are being rolled by the turner instead of tilted if that matters.

I am reading conflicting information about when I should put them into lockdown.
They are on day 15 right now. I have read that the bantam breeds will sometimes hatch out a little early. Depending on the source, I have read that they should go into lockdown anywhere from day 15-18.

When is the best time to actually put these eggs on lockdown?

I have some shipped eggs in the incubator right now. Most are Serama and a couple are Silkie.
I am used to incubating standard chicken eggs. I do not have experience with hatching these bantam breeds, so I am hoping to find out from someone who does. The eggs are in a Nurture Right 360 incubator so they are being rolled by the turner instead of tilted if that matters.

I am reading conflicting information about when I should put them into lockdown.
They are on day 15 right now. I have read that the bantam breeds will sometimes hatch out a little early. Depending on the source, I have read that they should go into lockdown anywhere from day 15-18.

They're really no different from LF chickens.
Lockdown on day 18 as usual. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to stop turning early, but prolonged high humidity can cause them to drown in liquid when they internally pip. So I up humidity to 65% on lockdown day, and then up it to 70% when I first spot an external pip.

I’ve had Seramas pip and hatch as early as day 17.

Back
Top Bottom