Help with layout for 12x16 for breeding coop & brooder. PICS included

sunnie7

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Southern Indiana
We are converting goat barn (left section) into a coop for 2 separate breeding coops/ pens which we will add outdoor run to and I’d like to have a good brooder area too. Please help with layout and how to section off! Also the ground inside currently stays pretty wet so I have dug it out some and now trying to figure out what to put down. I’m thinking large gravel then wood chips covered with shavings….we will be installing poop boards to help keep the floor pretty clean. Also any suggestions on brooder design that has easy clean out up off the ground?! Photos would be greatly appreciated :)

310B8E7E-EA82-47AA-870B-6CD351E58E3A.jpeg
C7B0129B-4EBC-4993-8F8C-8ABDFF12AED6.jpeg
AF2AF513-6E99-4175-9ED9-12DC276C2DF7.jpeg

Is the framing shown above now roofed and is it the barn you want to section?

I would suggest current pics and mostly to draw out the barn floor plan with any existing inner partitions to scale on graph paper.

If you have wetness inside the barn it's best to address how the water is getting in and fix it from the outside(gutters/trenches/etc).
Gravel is not good for a chicken 'floor', poop will sift down and get wet and stink.

The
Is the framing shown above now roofed and is it the barn you want to section?

I would suggest current pics and mostly to draw out the barn floor plan with any existing inner partitions to scale on graph paper.

If you have wetness inside the barn it's best to address how the water is getting in and fix it from the outside(gutters/trenches/etc).
Gravel is not good for a chicken 'floor', poop will sift down and get wet and stink.
Yes the above photo it’s the finished section to the left that we are making a coop.

Back
Top Bottom