Help with loud-wouldyouguysbequietI'mtryingtotype-ducks.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by The Duck Lady, Mar 15, 2015.

1. The Duck Lady

The Duck Lady New Egg

Mar 15, 2015
    I have 2, no 5 ducks on my lawn. The female, Selene, is a bit a screamer. When she really wants food she does the duck equivalent of "GIMME FOOD GIMME FOOD CAN"T YOU SEE I'M A POOR STARVING DUCK FEED ME!". At 6:30 am. On a weekend.

My neighbors are probably really upset. Any ideas on how to stop them from quacking that early?

Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Forgive me if this is too simplistic. Can you supply food with water 24/7? And are they in a safe shelter? My Runners will holler if they feel insecure.

3. The Duck Lady

The Duck Lady New Egg

Mar 15, 2015
    I supply food and water and food as often as possible and when I peeked out at them after they had finally quieted down one of them was drinking out of the water dish. As for them being in a safe shelter, well.... ya see.... I dn'tallyownthem. They're a flock of wild ducks who appear to have taken a liking to our yard and food. I swear, it started off as two! Then there was three, then five.... So, ya... Can't really shelter them.

They've finally stopped screaming and have left but they'll be back... Any other ideas? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by