Help with my Brinsea

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pen1124, May 14, 2011.

1. pen1124

pen1124 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2010
    Long Island
    Ok guys, so i have a small Brinsea Advanced which auto truns my 7 duck eggs....Anyways, my duckies started to hatch yesterday night [​IMG] and i went into lockdown friday morning. BUt my delema is that even though the eggs have cracks in them, theyre not out of the egg, and the well is started to get a little low, so what should i do because i know im not supposed to open it Ahhh [​IMG] i don't know what to do. SO far 4 out of the seven started to hatch lets hope all 7 do [​IMG]

2. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    You should be fine to open it real quick and add water. Those small Brinsea heat back up real quick and the humidity becomes stable again quick too.

3. pen1124

pen1124 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2010
    Long Island
    wait so the chicks membrane wont be like shrinkwrap?

4. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    With larger incubators, yes but the smaller ones recover so much quicker. I use to have the small 7-egg Brinsea.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

However, once the eggs start hatching, the humidity will spike way up, naturally. A lot of moisture is released from the hatching eggs. So, unless you have an hygrometer indicating a low humidity, I wouldn't open the 'bator to add water during the hatching period.

(Although that particular incubator DOES recover heat AND humidity really quickly!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by