Em169

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2017
Australia
IMG_5043.JPG
IMG_5044.JPG
IMG_5042.JPG
Hi
I used a mini 7 cheap incubator with no success. So I've decided to make my own. After reading so much information I've decided to go with the styrofoam box option.
I've purchased two digital thermometers with humidity quages included.
I'm trying to test the incubator before I get my fertilised eggs in 3weeks.

My thermometers have totally different temp readings on them. The little rectangle one has a probe. And the circle one is just the devise.
As you can see one is 54 and other 41... one says 27 humidity and other 62. So they are way way off and so different to each other yet sitting so close to each other . So I don't know which is right. Or If they are both wrong.... very new to this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

welcome to BYC There is a test for them and I am feeling quiet old right now as I cant remember. LOL You should be able to find it though. Calibrating the humidity and temp. There is an ice test and a salt test.

welcome to BYC There is a test for them and I am feeling quiet old right now as I cant remember. LOL You should be able to find it though. Calibrating the humidity and temp. There is an ice test and a salt test.

I think the temp test is just putting the thermometer in a glass of ice water and the thermometer should read 32F or put the thermometer in boiling water and the thermometer should read 212F. Sorry don't know how to test humidity though.

Back
Top Bottom