help with my incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlittle77, May 3, 2009.

1. chickenlittle77

chickenlittle77 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    hello everyone, thanx to this web site i spent 3 days building a chicken coop, ordered 15 silver lace baby chickens and 40 hatching quail eggs. This is indeed a very persuasive web site. Anyways, i'm pretty new for everything and i saw the home made incubators and i decided to build my own. the problem i'm finding is that the thermostat turns the light off but it doesnt turn back on again. Can someone please help me and let me know what i'm doing wrong? Any comment is well appreciated
    Thank you
    Chknlittle

2. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    In mine the swing in the air temp is greater then that of the radiant heat. I bought a outside temp prob & put it in a bottle of water to see what that temp did. The small bottle of waters temp runs a little high at peak but stays constant. I have development also. Know I just have to figure out how to keep it closed & leave it alone but it is to much to see it moveing around in the egg.

3. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Quote:My word, I am so impressed. You have never done this before, and you are building your own incubator! And raising baby chickens!

Wow!

Good luck.

Um--What is a silver lace chicken? It certainly sounds pretty but I cannot place it.

Catherine

4. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    How have things turned out?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by