Help with my McMurray Mystery chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HudokFarm, Mar 5, 2012.

1. HudokFarm

HudokFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Minnesota
    I think I have this figured out, but I wanted to confirm with the experts! [​IMG]

This is our little Mystery chick from McMurray. He is definitely different from all the other chicks we ordered. He is about the same size as the other chicks, so I don't think he is a bantam. My husband is of the opinion that it is a little roo because of his high activity level. He is always running around (more than the others, believe it or not!) and likes to be right in the middle of anything that is going on in the brooder. If there is a party going down, this guy is right in the thick of things! He is very personable and likes to have his little face petted.

I looked through the feather-footed breeds at McMurray on their website and the closest thing I can find is a Faverolles. Does anyone concur or have other ideas? He is different from the ones on their site, but he definitely doesn't look like any of the other breeds either.

Here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is one of the darker spot on his back:

[​IMG]

Thanks for all your help!

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Looks to be a Faverolles - does it have 5 toes too? If so, it's a Faverolles.

3. HudokFarm

May 6, 2011
    Minnesota
    I think there are 5 toes. There is a toe that splits in the back of his leg. Is that counted as two toes? Don't know if I am explaining it well...

4. HudokFarm

May 6, 2011
    Minnesota
    Found a pic that shows his toes:

[​IMG]

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    x2

6. aoxa