Help with my Quail Chick

Noctis

Hatching
Jun 5, 2021
Hello, I’m Alec I’m a new user and I’d like to introduce myself but I’m really worried about my quail chick. I tried hatching seven quail eggs but only one hatched so far after about 28 days which is a long time from what I understand. She started hatching yesterday and this morning when I checked on her she had made no progress since about 6:00 in the evening the day prior. I intervened to help her hatch but she still hasn’t started walking she instead lays on her back and chirps. I don’t know if the chirping is just chirping or if she needs something from me but if she needs something I want to supply it. I tried to give her a little water and she got a drop and she didn’t want food which is typical for a newborn from what I understand. She has used the bathroom since hatching though. Here’s a picture. This is how she lays and she hasn’t yet gotten up and walking. It also looks like she has bad feet?
064ED576-F9BB-4789-8D04-DA016D8C3C63.jpeg

She starts chirping really loudly almost like she’s crying and I’m not sure what to do. I’m currently laying with her on my chest keeping her warm under a blanket.

Welcome to BYC.
How is the hatch going now?
I read of a similar case and someone put a chick in a small container with paper towels to hold them up and the next day the chick was walking. I tried it and she still isn’t up :(

I read of a similar case and someone put a chick in a small container with paper towels to hold them up and the next day the chick was walking. I tried it and she still isn’t up :(
He probably isn't meant to be. I'd end his suffering. Did the rest of the eggs hatch?

He probably isn't meant to be. I'd end his suffering. Did the rest of the eggs hatch?
A few minutes ago I went to her and she’s starting to stay upright and move. I’ll probably splint her feet to stay open. She’s making progress. And none others hatched, I won’t end it. She deserves a chance

Back
Top Bottom