help with my rouen hen....

duckman11032

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
hey guys a few questions, my hen rouen is laying eggs again she has 6 and is laying one everyday, how do I get her to sit on them, she moves them from place to place but I never see her sitting on them, i have 3 hen rouen and I am not sure which one is laying or if they all are, but none of them ever sit on them, I don't have a incubator how do I make sure these eggs will make it!!!

Michael

"the duckman"
cool.png

From what I understand, making a hen go broody is like trying to make a horse drink water when he ain't thirsty, lol. Do you have any broody chickens at the moment? I hatched australian spotted bantams under a broody cochin hen.

no broody birds at all, im assuming she is waiting till her egg numbers are up then she will choose to sit on them at that time, I hope so anyways,

any ideas anyone

HELP!!!!

michael

the duckman

she won't go broody until she wants to go broody. if you have more than one hen they will all use the same nest as well. making it less likely for one to go broody. Once one does go broody the other hens will continue to lay in the nest as well making her time a tough one. the best you can do is offer a quiet secure place for them and wait. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom