HELP with my Silver laced polish Stella

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by leslie0815, Jan 15, 2007.

1. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    She acts like she can't hold her head up, when I lift it up and remove my hand it droops down again. I have her separated she hasn't started laying yet. I checked her all over her tummy is soft , no bugs. I gave her some vit E with Sel. thought she might have received a head peck. She isn't eating so I see no poo yet. I gave her some water with an eye dropper. She is so sweet what else could it be ??????? What else should i try ?????????

2. Oh, poor girl.
    I wish I could help, but my best suggestion would be bring her in, keep her warm, offer tempting food and V&E.
    I hope she's already perked up [​IMG]

Lisa

3. leslie0815

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    She is about 6 months old. She is laying down, I went out this evening and gave some more Vit E/Sel and gave her water with a dropper.Her neck is fine externally no wound anywhere. She looks like her head is too heavy to hold up. When I gave her the meds I heard her stomach growl. I will try some yogurt and egg later and see if she will eat. I worry more about dehydration so thats why I am giving her water / avia charge with a dropper. Should I give her another anti injection ? Still no poop.

4. leslie0815

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Just a update......I gave her more vit E/sel this a.m. also gave another anti injection. I fixed her some egg and yogurt and she ate like crazy. Her neck seems better I am going to check for poo and then will let ya'll know more. Cross fingers.

5. leslie0815

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    UPDATE, Stella is holding her head up better, she ate the egg and yogurt. I also got her some watermelon. She did finally poop and it is normal. So whether it was spoiled food which I doubt because no one else got ill.or a head injury my steps are helping I think....I love you guys I have learned so much this past year. I have brought 4 of my babies back from almost dead with ya'lls advice.[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks again

6. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    Oh I'm so glad to hear she's doing better! Go Stella!

7. Sandyki

Sandyki Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Minnesota
    Maybe add Poly Vi Sol???? These are baby vitamins?? I don't remember the dosing though.... Wes would know. I think, 2 drops twice a day for two days.... then 1 drop twice a day for 2 days.... But try and get ahold of Wes to find out for sure.

[​IMG]
    Sandy

8. leslie0815

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks Sandy, I forgot to mention I was giving her those also.....lol

9. Sandyki

Sandyki Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Minnesota
    How's Stella?

[​IMG]
    Sandy

10. leslie0815

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Hey Sandy, Stella was chomping at the bit to get out of her cage so today she was out in the yard scratching and pecking with her buddies.
    Thanks for asking

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by