Help with our Dominque Birdzilla

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Huldras chicks, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Huldras chicks

Huldras chicks New Egg

May 11, 2011
    So was told that " Dominique pullet has a distinct spot on it's head and a shadow on the front of the feet & legs. The cockerel has a fuzzy head spot and no foot/leg shadow " But our Birdzilla now looking like she might be a boy ( tried to take on Chuck our Rooster ) but looking at baby pictures she had all the marking of a girl... Can only post baby pictures of her till the morning and then try to get a clean shot when she/he stops moving.. [​IMG] and here is one with the legs... [​IMG]

So is the saying true the dot and the shadow on the legs and feet mean a girl?

1 person likes this.
  2. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    It sounds like s/he is much older now. Do you have more recent pictures?

4. jmtcmkb

jmtcmkb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I bought a female dominique from MPC and it looks very similar to yours the white spot on mine is a little bit larger, but all black elsewhere and dark legs. Ku'co, our dominique is 2 weeks old and by far the friendliest and most active of all 5 of our chicks. Great personality, we love her and pray she's is really a girl [​IMG]

5. Huldras chicks

Huldras chicks New Egg

May 11, 2011
    Ok got pictures this morning.. My problem with taking pictures is not the chicks running away it is them all wanting to climb into my lap.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A decent head shot [​IMG]

It is the tail that is making me think Birdzilla is a boy... and the size and the fact he/she is not afraid of our boy Chuck what so ever.

1 person likes this.
  6. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it's got the wrong kind of comb to be a dominique. I know Wyandottes often have a single comb and they are still Wyandottes, but I do not know if this is the case for dominiques. It looks more like a a Cuckoo Marans hen to me.

eta: The tail is confusing but *I* do not see any pointy saddle feathers on it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  7. LynninOK

LynninOK Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    It's not a Barred Rock?

8. Huldras chicks

Huldras chicks New Egg

May 11, 2011
    Epps... was told the egg was from a Dominque..
    Here is a better comb shot.. [​IMG]

Birdzilla was born on the 14 of July if this helps with the sexing of he/she.

9. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    that's BR roo, not a dom, not a hen. sorry.

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    thats a br looks like a hen can you get pics of the feathers around her neck for us?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by