HELP with page creator

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by NChickenwing, Sep 8, 2009.

1. NChickenwing

NChickenwing Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2009
    In the 910
    trying to finish my page up but every time I try to publish the final change I loose my data, stuff that has already been published and saved. I have tried several times to replace the data and when I publish it I loose even more data. I thought it was an issue with the length of the page so i made a second page, that was fine until I needed to add a link at the bottom of the page to link to page 2, then wham, loose my data again. anyone have any suggestions? Whats up with all the question mark characters that showed up on the page? I am lost, and frustrated. I had a really decent looking page but I am sick of having to re-do the dang thing. Someone please help!

TC

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Is there any information you could remove? It IS a rather large page so that could be the problem. None of my pages have acted annoying and they are all considerably smaller than yours. I am sorry BYC is giving you problems!

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I tried to edit your first page and had the same problem.

I copied all the page HTML into Dreamweaver and cleared out the styles, etc. and created a new test page with the link at the bottom and it worked fine:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=36321-test

So, I'm not sure what the problem is, but it looks like there are ways around the problem.

4. NChickenwing

Jul 8, 2009
    In the 910
    Nifty

I got the problem solved. Could you please add the page back to the new-coop page? I will post the link back in the coop-contest thread.

Tommy

5. Nifty-Chicken

All set!

What did you do to fix it?

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I've been trying for two months to get a new coop page done for the contests but have not been successful. [​IMG]

7. Nifty-Chicken

Are you running into errors or anything like that? I see your blank page for your coop design. Give us details on what is and isn't working and maybe we can help. Also, what browser are you using?

8. NChickenwing

Jul 8, 2009
    In the 910
    I deleted the entire thing and then put it all back together with the default font.

Thank God for copy paste...lol

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  9. Nifty-Chicken

Good job!

I encourage everybody to always back up their work before doing too much new editing and before hitting "save".

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Um...Internet Explorer 8? I just cannot get the pictures to come up...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by