help with pheasant eggs!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by frozenchick, May 23, 2008.

1. frozenchick

frozenchick Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    Wisconsin
    My neighbor was plowing his field yesterday and unfortunately killed a pheasant. She didn't want to abandon her nest. He felt so bad, he ran all the eggs over to my house because I've had success this spring with incubating chicken eggs. So I've read that the humidity and temp are the same for pheasant eggs, but do I need to turn these eggs an odd number of times per day? Help please. I just put them in the bator this morning. Thanks!

2. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    I'm curious as well. My grandpa is sending me some ring-neck eggs in about a week, and I need to know as well.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You would incubate them just like you do for chicken eggs (same temp/humidity/turning). Hatch day is about day 24, so stop turning on day 21.

Jody

4. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    Thanks hinkjc

5. frozenchick

frozenchick Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Thanks much! [​IMG]

6. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I second that! I have had 2 hatches so far this year. I am getting ready to put more in the bator tonight!

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

This is great to know. I have pheasant eggs coming and it's nice to know that it won't be too complicated.

8. First To Hatch

First To Hatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    New York
    With gamebird eggs you turn them once like this \\ and then again like this / can use an egg carton and just tilt them like that three times a day will be enough.

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

That will work great for me because that is how my turner is set up.

10. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    thats sad=( at least ur icubating them=) are u gonna let them free when they grow up?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by