help with pictures

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by golden comets, Apr 28, 2009.

1. golden comets

golden comets Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2009
    My dh is building a new coop for me and I would like to show everyone,but I can`t figure out how to do it.I have them uploaded can look at them but I can`t get them on the coop and run page,what do I do.

2. Snakeoil

Snakeoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    SE Iowa
    Go to the top of this page and look for "Uploads" and click on this icon. Now hit the "browse" button and find your pictures on your harddrive. Now double click on picture and the URL will be listed in the File area on the "Upload" page. Now hit the submit button on the "Upload" page and your picture will be accepted if it is the correct size. When you want to show a picture in a thread you go to your "uploads" and highlight the image section and right click and select "copy", now when you are at the thread you right click and select "paste" and your picture will be in your post. Hope this helps...

3. goldnchocolate

goldnchocolate Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Massachusetts
    If you have a Photobucket account (it's free) you can store your pictures there. When you are ready to add a pic to your post on the forum you will:
    -- go to your Photobucket account and choose the picture that you want to add to your forum posting (resize it if it is too large)
    --click on the IMG Code that is under the pic--this will "copy" the pic
    --return to your post on the forum and "right click" within the body of your post
    -- choose "paste" from the drop down menu....this will add your pic to the post (it won't show up as a picture until you submit your post, it will only show up as a link)
    --your pic should be in the post when you submit it

I didn't know how to do it the way that the previous poster said to do it so I gave it a try and this is my attempt--very easy!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10146_img_1170.jpg

Oops--it didn't come up as a pic [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  4. goldnchocolate

goldnchocolate Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Another try--Snakeoils method....

IT WORKED!! This is much easier than my "photobucket method! Thanks Snakeoil![​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by