Help with Pollorum testing

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by mrandmrschicken, Nov 1, 2008.

1. mrandmrschicken

mrandmrschicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    NW IA
    Living in Northwest Iowa, I have no idea who I should contact about getting pollorum tests done in advance of a show?

Can anyone help me with this? Any ideas or definite knowledge?

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

There are many ways to do this have a certified Poultry Tech come, The state vet, or a regular vet and have your blood sample sent to a lab to have it checked.

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
  4. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Contact your Ag Extension office. They should be able to help.

5. mrandmrschicken

mrandmrschicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    NW IA
    Thanks for responding.
    Finally, I got what I was looking for. The Ag extension office, had me contact State District vet. After speaking with her, she emailed the State vet, then emailed me back with the State vets response to my query. State vet said to contact the Iowa Poultry Assoc. I found their website and they had a list of testers by county. My computer would not open the list! (I think one of the boys deleted a file on my computer). Had to save to disc and put in our old computer... Two people were listed in the next county, tried their phone number and it had been disconnected or was no longer in service. Not in the phone book anymore either!
    Emailed the folks at the show I am wishing to attend, told them the dilema, they offered to help, problem solved.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by