Help with Rooster Breed!!

beckstar

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 15, 2011
Delta, BC, Canada
Name this Rooster! He is a rescue and he is a lovely man! I'm just getting into the chicken thing and I need help identifying his breed, he may even be a mix.

Here is "Dart" and a few of his RIR ladies. :)

I don't have a good side view but he has those lovely shimmery emerald green feathers on his sides and some in his tail feathers.
Here's another pic:

And here are the pics of his first 3 babies hatched on March 5th! One yellow and two black with white under their little chins and chest:

Thanks for any help! These are my first babies hatched in my incubator, happy and healthy! These ones are thriving way better than the group of shipped chicks (RIR's) I just picked up last weekend.

I dnt know wt breed u r roster , but i wanna know what breed is these 2 red hens ?

The hens are Rhode Island Reds - they are awesome eggs layers and have great personalities! They are the only chickens we've had up until now - now we are expanding and have one Silkie, that Rooster, and the three mixed babies!

I am probably going to cause trouble but your hens are red sex links not RIR. . thry are known as , Cinnamon queens or golden comets. as for the rooster I couldn't begin to guess.

no, no trouble! These hens were purchased by a family member as RIRs for layers. They sure do their job!! Almost 6 eggs a week! Interesting tho, I just got in 20 RIR chicks, I wonder how different they will look!

I will post more pics of my Roo I took this morning.

Back
Top Bottom