1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with sexing EE (6 wks) * PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by leahkat, Sep 16, 2015.

1. leahkat

leahkat Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2015
    Independence, La
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have five EEs three of them I am sure are pullets but #2 and #3 I'm not so sure about. Any help is greatly appreciated! Also what's up with #1's tail? it's so funny looking ;)
    I tried to put the pictures in order but somehow they go a little messed up, if I need to post better pictures let me know and I will try to get some betters ones up. I noticed some of them have pea combs but the others I don't know what type of comb that is, anyone know?

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    They are at that age were it could go either way. If you post again in a couple of weeks we could confirm their gender.

3. leahkat

Aug 2, 2015
    Independence, La
    Is no one willing to make a guess? I've seen people posting pictures of EEs much younger than 6 1/2 and gotten a lot of answers.

4. corewassen87

corewassen87 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    So far they look pretty girly to me. As chick girl said another couple weeks will really tell the story

5. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    [​IMG]

I am willing to venture a guess, but keep in mind it is only a guess. My guess is that #2 and #3 are both girls. I am not seeing anything that says male to me at the moment. They both have pretty uniform coloring. #3 also seems to have the comb of a pullet (single row of peas vs. males that tend to have a triple row of peas running down the comb). #2's comb was washed out and a bit hard to see. Both combs are also still quite pale so that is also a good sign. That said, if things are still questionable in a couple weeks, post some good pictures taken from the side with them standing on the ground and a good front shot of their comb. Good luck!

6. leahkat

Aug 2, 2015
    Independence, La
    Thank you! I got my daughter to hold them for me because they run around so much it's almost impossible to take a decent picture of them other wise. I will post more pictures in two or three weeks, hopefully it will be easier to tell by then

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    x2

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    they all look female to me. If anyone starts getting a red comb in the next 2 months, they're male. If anyone crows period, they're male.

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by