Help with sexing Polish, + one more

Felicitas

Songster
11 Years
Oct 17, 2008
Northern Metro Atlanta, GA USA
My Polish are 6 weeks old now, and I love them!

First up are these two. I am not sure what colors these can be called. I am pretty sure they are the result of a mating between a WCR roo and a Gold-laced hen. But I could be wrong. I just want them both to be pullets - that's what I care about.
3331736354_aa9d7916a4_o.jpg

I think this White-crested Black may be a roo because I can see the definite beginnings of comb and wattles coming in. Sorry for the blurriness.
3330900825_55b9735173_o.jpg

This WCBlack doesn't have the obvious comb and wattles so I'm thinking pullet? The WCBlue is a mystery. I see no sign of a comb, but there are some teeny wattles poking out.
3330900953_fdff780456_o.jpg

Finally, this guy, who obviously isn't a Polish
lol.png
He is a 9-week-old Easter Egger and I think he is a roo. My husband thinks he's a pullet. Settle it for us, please.
wink.png

3331736446_52df32052f_o.jpg

1. I think you're right about Mom and Dad. Both look like pullets to me, I think. Although the one laying down makes me doubt...

2. I think boy. The wattles and comb are pretty pink. I don't see any pointy hackle feathers, though.
hu.gif

3. ? for the first one! The second looks like a girl to me, just early maturing.
smile.png

4. Roo, roo, roo!!!!
ep.gif

You're right on the sexes. The two in the first pic are pullets, the second pic is of a cockerel, the third pic is a pullet and the last one is a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom