Help with sexing Polish, + one more

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Felicitas, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

My Polish are 6 weeks old now, and I love them!

First up are these two. I am not sure what colors these can be called. I am pretty sure they are the result of a mating between a WCR roo and a Gold-laced hen. But I could be wrong. I just want them both to be pullets - that's what I care about.
    [​IMG]

I think this White-crested Black may be a roo because I can see the definite beginnings of comb and wattles coming in. Sorry for the blurriness.
    [​IMG]

This WCBlack doesn't have the obvious comb and wattles so I'm thinking pullet? The WCBlue is a mystery. I see no sign of a comb, but there are some teeny wattles poking out.
    [​IMG]

Finally, this guy, who obviously isn't a Polish [​IMG] He is a 9-week-old Easter Egger and I think he is a roo. My husband thinks he's a pullet. Settle it for us, please. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

1. I think you're right about Mom and Dad. Both look like pullets to me, I think. Although the one laying down makes me doubt...

2. I think boy. The wattles and comb are pretty pink. I don't see any pointy hackle feathers, though. [​IMG]

3. ? for the first one! The second looks like a girl to me, just early maturing. [​IMG]

4. Roo, roo, roo!!!! [​IMG]

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I know nothing about polish, but that EE is definitely a roo IMO!

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    You're right on the sexes. The two in the first pic are pullets, the second pic is of a cockerel, the third pic is a pullet and the last one is a cockerel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by