1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

help with some batams and one normal chicken.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kyoko900, May 27, 2010.

1. kyoko900

kyoko900 In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    Maggie Valley NC
    I have some chickens that we don't know what sex they are and breed.
    First I think is a male porcelain d'Uccle.
    [​IMG]
    second one i think is a male too.....i hope not. sorry it's blurry he moves super fast so it's hard to get a pic. he's hyper.
    [​IMG]
    third, not sure the sex but i think a RIR.
    [​IMG]
    here's another one with the third one and three others I'm unsure about too.
    [​IMG]

2. Aframechickens191

Aframechickens191 Chirping

May 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    The first one is definately a porcelan d'uccle. second one doesnt look like a rooster, but i think it may be a silver laced wyandotte. The dark browns are rirs, the lighter brown is a gold comet, and the white one with the big crest im going to say white leghorn roo. they are infamous for huge crests and loud crows! [​IMG] have fun with your chickens! and dont worry about too many roos; i have 4 all in separate cages [​IMG]

3. does # 2 have feathered legs? I cant tell in picture...feathered legs = silver laced cochin clean legs = silver laced wyndotte.
    #1 i agree with you on...
    #3 RIR...
    the other I got no clue.

4. ve

ve Songster 9 Years

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    #1 is Booted Bantam boy -not D'Uccle because dos not have beard #2 isSilver Spangled Hamburg boy #3 Rhode Island On last picture with Rhode Island you have White Leghorn boy,Red (Golden) Sex Link girl and a Meatie

5. kyoko900

kyoko900 In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    Maggie Valley NC
    yeah, number two has clean legs. but he's from the assorted bantam bin at TSC can wyandotte be bantams.
    and as for the porclain one i read d'uccles can be bearded and non-bearded.
    is the rhode island red a boy like i think?
    And is the first one male? or are all ones like him flighty?

thanks all.

6. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    Quote:Actually, D'Uccles have to have a beard to fit their standard. ''D'Uccle'', refers to the belgian bearded D'Uccle. I've never heard of a belgian bearded D'Uccle that wasn't bearded [​IMG]. A booted bantam is the same thing, but without a beard.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  7. kyoko900

kyoko900 In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    Maggie Valley NC
    oh! OK, then. now i just need the sexes. ^^ oh and if my big hen is a meat or boiler bird. If we don't kill her will she live a good life? We didn't want meat birds, my mom doesn't believe in killing pets and she sees the chickens as pets. I'm abit worried because i heard they don't live long enough to even make it to laying age.

8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    1# Male Porcelain D'uccle
    2# silver laced sebright, or cochin maybe?? I don't think that bird is Spangled [​IMG]
    3# RIR boy
    4# (on the roost from left to right) Red sexlink Female, White leghorn male, RIR Female. (on the ground) Broiler (meat bird)

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  9. ve

ve Songster 9 Years

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    KYOKO900 what color legs your second bird has-slate-gray or yelow?

10. kyoko900

kyoko900 In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    Maggie Valley NC
    slate gray i think, yeah i sure their slate gray and clean. i'll check tomorrow but i remember seeing on toe or the bottom of the feet were pink....but it may be on of the others. i'll check in the morning. But i know there slate gray.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: