1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with Speckled Susses gender please.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Xovan, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    Ok I have read every post I can find and think I have 3 of the 4 SR chicks figured out but one falls into both groups. Here they are.

1 cockerel (Bobby)

[​IMG]

2 cockerel (Patrick)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 pullet (Erin)

[​IMG]

4 you guess (Val)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic with 4 sleeping next to Bobby(1). 4 is on bottom of pic.

[​IMG]

the reason I am asking is this 4's tail is bigger than 1&2 but smaller than 3's Feet smaller than 1&2 Bigger than 3. same with the comb. Also 4 seems to be getting white feathers on the chest and is not real submissive.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. ThomsonCentennialFarm

ThomsonCentennialFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    Based on the enormous legs of #4, I would say it's a cockerel.

3. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    I have been staring at the legs and feet of 4 since yesterday and went back and looked a original pic of 4. in the first pic its back toe kind of blends with its leg. Its legs and feet are about the same as #3's. Here are two more pics. Also In the pic with them sleeping I meant 4 not 3 i will edit it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ldelahanty

ldelahanty Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Traverse City
    I have one just like this with the whit feathers and I am having the same problem, everyone I ask says pullet, I have a thread called pullet or cockerel, take a peek. Just FYI my SS are 5 weeks, yours look a bit younger. Can you tell me what you think?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by