Help with start date!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Derrick, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Derrick

Derrick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    West Central, FL
    I have some eggs being shipped this week. What would be the best day to put the eggs in the incubator so that they hatch on a weekend. I know that they start to hatch on day 21 but does that mean I should make that a friday so that I can be there Friday night through Sunday night? Does the acual day you set them in count as day 1 or day 0?[​IMG]

Thanks for any input,

Derrick

2. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    set eggs on mon, tues is day one. as far as hatching on a certain day, i would make fri day 20 and hope they hatch on time. i have had chicks hatch anywhere from day 19 to day 23. temp variations can cause them to be early,on time , or late. good luck

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I would set them some time Saturday. That would give you the best chance of a weekend hatch.

I try to set mine on Saturday night to get them to hatch on web cam Friday, Saturday an Sunday.

4. Derrick

Derrick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    West Central, FL
    Thanks for the help. I am using a King Suro20 to hatch them and the temp is set at 99.5 with 45%humidity from the factory. I was going to leave it like that. It keeps the temp and humidity very stable at these numbers every time I check.

If I set them Sat then Sunday is day 1 and day 20 would be Friday Feb 12th. If I set them this Friday then Friday Feb 12 would be day 21. I think I understand....... I work long hrs and would hate to get home and miss the whole event. This is my first Rodeo with this incubating thing.....

Derrick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by