help with straight run from TSC

peaceisgreen

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2017
michigan
im trying to sex some straight run barred rock and RIR i think i have seven cockerels and four pullets kinda disappointed but im not 100% sure as they all hate eachother and fight non stop i separated the boys from the girls and the boys calmed down considerably but now the girls wont stop fighting i put one boy in with them and they all started fighting eachother again
anyway im about to take pictures and i will post them shortly

fighting doesn't guarantee boys, some girls have quite a personality. Boys do tend to do it more. Can't really say without pictures, so i can try to help more with some of those. :) How old are they?

Also, is the beautiful rooster in your avatar yours? I had a bird that looks just like it, but i never knew what he was. He was my favorite. Might i ask what breed that is?

fighting doesn't guarantee boys, some girls have quite a personality. Boys do tend to do it more. Can't really say without pictures, so i can try to help more with some of those. :) How old are they?

Also, is the beautiful rooster in your avatar yours? I had a bird that looks just like it, but i never knew what he was. He was my favorite. Might i ask what breed that is?
the rooster in the profile pic is pure red jungle fowl as far as i know the pure ones are only in indochina you most likely had a cross with oeg like i do they look and behave somewhat differently from a "regular" chicken but for all intents and purposes they are normal chickens
they are my favorite as well:)

thanks:) glad to know i did decent for my first time i feel more confident now at least

You're welcome! I'm questioning a couple 'pullets' but not enough to say cockerel yet. You might want to post standing profile pictures in a week or two to confirm them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom