Help with Teenage son!!!!

This world needs a lot more "A deal is a deal" and "My word is my bond". Good lesson time for teenager.

He made the deal now stick to it. That is what I would make mine do.

Last edited:
Quote:
I will go the extra here, and ask what does a little old for his likeing mean, if it means they are no longer cute, and he wants to start with chicks again, I would say sell the OLD ones, but let him know that getting new chicks, like getting a new puppy when the old one is a year old is not a good habit either.

Why don't you let him keep his 2-3 favorites? That way he can keep his deal (mostly), and continue to get eggs in the meantime. I agree that it's important to keep your word, but mercy and flexibility are also very important traits to teach.

Also, you know him better than anyone else. If being wishy-washy is an ongoing issue than it is probably more important to take a harder line. But, if this is otherwise not an issue then perhaps it would be good to be more compromising? There are ways that you can make a point without tormenting him if he is indeed very attached to his birds, like allowing him to keep just 2 or 3..

that is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves. I recently had an adult tell me he wanted my turkey poults. I told him he needed to come get them ASAP because they were sitting on my quail and smothering them. the next day I called him and asked if he would be comming to get them today he said no I cant today I havent got the brooder set up yet. I asked when he thought he would be by. he said I dont know. I said if you cant come tommorrow the next person in line will come and get them he said please hold them one more day and I WILL come get them. the next day I called and asked what time he would be by. he said I have to go pay bills today. I dont think I can make it today. I then proceded to tell him in the course of two days these big ole turkeys killed 4 more quail. and that I was calling the next people in line and that I was sorry to have to be like this but I cant afford the quail dying off. he wasnt rude or anything but he wasnt happy either...

I called the next person in line and the mother dropped everything and came over with in a half hour to get the turkeys and she even bought 10 quail and a OEGB hen!

I hate when some one says I will do something then they back out. if there is a GOOD reason I understand. like being late for something cause a family emergency or a accident. LIfe happens... but I have to say I hope that I teach my kids that when you make a deal with some one you need to stick to it...In some places if you say something it is concidered a contract. If I were in this boat I would tell my kid that he would have to stick to the deal agreed upon. perhaps the guys who is comming will see that your son is not yet ready to let all his girls go and will offer to not take a few. but I wouldnt ask him to leave any unless he doesnt want them all.

thats just My oppiniion and I hope all goes well. I know its hard giving your girls away!!! I have not had to do this with mine yet but my DD had a chick born and as he grew up his foot curlled. she wanted him to stay but I told her that it was a roo and we cant keep roos, and he would have to go to the falconer for falcon food. he cant roost and he has a hard time walking anyway. she said it would be ok for me to give him to the falcon guys for his falcon. she is such a trooper!

I'd say make him keep his bargain- But I would call the guy and tell him the situation - so he won't feel guilty if your son balks or says something to make him feel bad. I would hate to go pick up some chickens and thought I had broke some kids heart!! LOL

Oh and by the way-
welcome-byc.gif

One more thing and then I'll stop posting- Well no promises--lol
This may one of the times that will come up later in life with your son- One day he may be trying to teach a lesson like this to his own kids - Then it will be like - One time I made a deal with a guy for my chickens and grandma or granddad made me etc. etc. etc. ---------------- and now you need to do the right thing too!!
clap.gif

Heirlooms are not the only things passed down
big_smile.png

I'm guessing it is probably too late for anymore input now since the post was 2 hrs ago, but i wonder what happened????
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom