help with telling there breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mathewb59, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Mathewb59

Mathewb59 Out Of The Brooder

hi all
    [​IMG]
    please help tell what breed they are.

thanks Matt

2. Mathewb59

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. Mathewb59

[​IMG]

4. Mathewb59

I know I'm not the worlds best photographer

5. Mathewb59

[​IMG]

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    All of them look like mixes. The first one could have some Japanese Bantam in her, as she appears to have some rather short legs. The rose comb in the last bird make me think that he has some Wyandotte in him. As for the white bird, it could be a mix with a Plymouth Rock or White Leghorn.

7. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

I would agree, the last picture is the best angle to look at.

I can't offer too much, but they do look like mixes to me, the first one looks to have maybe some Wellsummer in it with those colours? I am not sure.

Seem s to be some rose combs on birds that would not normally have them so maybe there was a Wyandotte roo in there as a dad some time ago with a mix of hens.

8. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

x2 More pictures of the white chicken would help. :)

9. Mathewb59

thanks for your feed back I will try and take a better picture and of all of them.

my rooster crows from 3 am (maybe he is working on Japanese time ) . is this maybe a trate of a breed. my hen is like a laying machine she gives me a egg a day and has been for 6 days consecutively

thanks again I can see me asking all sorts of what would sound ridiculous to the more experienced.

10. Mathewb59

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by