Help with this breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CoopersCoopNC, Jul 25, 2014.

1. CoopersCoopNC

CoopersCoopNC In the Brooder

Jul 17, 2013
    Hey All,

We rescued this little chicken today and we're pretty sure it's a Bantam, but I know nothing about the breed. Thanks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I'm not great on bantam breeds, so can't tell you what's going to fit that color, comb and white ear lobes. I can say the bird does not look well at all. The hunched, fluffed look and droopy eyes indicate there's something wrong. You might post on the Emergencies and diseases section if you're not aware what's wrong with her.

3. CoopersCoopNC

Jul 17, 2013
    Thank you for the reply...we have her quarantined away from our flock. She was rescued last night from a crime scene (she's apparently has had a pretty tough life)...I will post a picture right away..

4. CoopersCoopNC

Jul 17, 2013
    Wanted to give you an update...Nugget is doing well and seems to be healthy and happy. She started laying eggs about 2 months ago and loves to hang around the horse barn. She's very popular with the kids, too. Thank you for all your help.
    [​IMG]

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    She's very pretty![​IMG]

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    Pretty hen!

7. Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoopersCoopNC [​IMG]

Wanted to give you an update...Nugget is doing well and seems to be healthy and happy. She started laying eggs about 2 months ago and loves to hang around the horse barn. She's very popular with the kids, too. Thank you for all your help.
    [​IMG]

I think that you have a Brown Red Old English Game Bantam.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: