Help with turkey please!!!

yadaguhtoo

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
Washington State
I have a turkey that is 2 yrs. old and this morning her vent is hanging out, she has been acting broody for about two weeks. I have her in the bath tub and I washed her up and then put Prep. H on her bum. I have tried to push it back in now 3 times and it keeps coming back out. She has what looks like egg whites oozing out but I don't feel any egg or any sort of shell. Can anybody give me some advice on this, how long do I keep trying? Maybe she is to old to try to save? But I got to tell you I love this turkey! She does not seem to be in much pain and tries to sleep as long as I'm with her/ holding her bum. Any help would be very appreciated!!!

I have the same problem with one of my 2 year old chickens - every time I push the 4" back inside her it comes back out again - I have been bathing her in a solution of warm water and betadine - after, I apply lots of honey and get almost all of her insides back where they belong - I cling wrap her backside and within 5 minutes we are back to square one!!!!

I can only keep trying - sorry I can't be of any help to you as so far I have had no success and this has been going on for a few days - my chicken is eating and drinking and acting as if nothing is wrong with her!

I hope somebody can give you advice which may help your turkey!

Best of luck

Suzie
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom