Help with type of chicken and sex if anyone knows.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Debbiek7, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Debbiek7

Debbiek7 New Egg

Jul 23, 2013
    I am a animal crazy girl I hate it if they are mistreated or not cared for. All my chickens are rescues, it doesn't matter to me, but knowing what I have would be helpful. So anyone who wants to take a shot at it I really thank you for your time and help. Trying to find Breed and gender. I now have 22 chickens, not by choose, as I said I hate to see animals mistreated. But I do not want more chicks. I have plenty to feed now. LOL I know they are all 18weeks. So I have 22 chickens age 18 weeks and 22 weeks no eggs or crowing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. First pic -
    Black hen, mutt
    The other chicken in the photo, production (RIR or production red) breed roo
    2nd pic, the rumpless one could be a hen, could be a roo. Does it have saddle feathers? Mutt
    The one in the back, roo
    3rd pic, hen
    4th pic, EE roo

Some closer individual pics would help. I also see a turken (naked neck, if you can't figure out which one it is by that name I can't help you, LOL) in one of the pics, girl.
    Lotsa mutts I can tell ya, bless your heart for taking them. You won't get chicks unless one of the hens go broody, but I can tell you right now you need more hens if you plan on keeping all of them

3. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    the one EE roo almost looks like a cross but primarily EE. also I did coment on most of the pics

4. A EE isn't a breed... So of course its crossed... It's a mutt that isn't an ameracauna or aracauna that carries the blue egg gene (so if a breed of chicken carries the blue egg gene but isn't an ameracauna or aracauna that doesn't make it an EE. If its a mutt w/ blue egg gene, that means its an EE)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  5. WaterfowlWierdo

WaterfowlWierdo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    oh wow didnt know that ...Thanks for the info[​IMG]

6. Debbiek7

Debbiek7 New Egg

Jul 23, 2013
    Thank you so much for all the information. Wow you are good and fast at this. LOL I have been reading and looking at them for weeks. Again thank you so much.

7. Debbiek7

Debbiek7 New Egg

Jul 23, 2013
    WOW Thank you so much. And yes the turken is the only one I figured out online. LOL It's naked made it easy. So you think its a hen? You also said that most are rooster's and soon will need hens. Sooooo I guess I start looking at dinner night and at what age. I did find a animal auction that I could take roosters too. I have feed them all very well for 22 weeks and make sure they got meds and all the important things I found on your site. with 15 roosters and maybe 4 hens, I need to let them go knowing I gave them great start from what they had. Thank you Again

8. Yes I see way more Roos the hens, but if you take them to an animal auction they're likely going to end up to be stew :( ESP the ones like the EE or production breed, bigger and meatier.
    I'd suggest that you look into selling them on CL as flock protectors, then interview the people when purchasing. Or just somewhere else that you can interview them prior.
    Best of luck, wish I could take 1-2!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by