Help! Wobbly 3 week old chick

Are you sure the lump is on her left or her right? The crop is normally on her right upper chest unless there is a birth defect. If it is soft or full of food, it may be just a full crop. It usually empties overnight after they sleep.

Good to hear she‘s ok. Why do you think she has an impacted crop? With just crumbles to eat that should be pretty much impossible. If you give treats you need to give grit, which is actually good to give, even if you just feed crumbles to properly develop the gizzard.
Regardless, to feel if feed is actually not moving on properly from the crop the bird needs to be fasted. If your chicks are on a heat lamp they can wake up and eat all night - they will never have an empty crop. If you withdraw the feed at night and then check her in the morning you could find out if her crop empties properly, but I wouldn’t do that unless they are actually sleeping (meaning kept without light) during the night...

@Stephine
I have a mamma heating pad setup I’m going to put in there and take out the heat lamp . She’s got a large lump on her left breast. It’s not round, but feels thick and sort of rectangular. I’m wondering if she ate a pine chip and it’s stuck in there. She is eating and pooping ok.

Can you post a picture? As someone said, the crop should be on the other side. Also, if she is eating and pooping fine, things are moving through her fine.

1B1D2287-3684-4402-A44E-533997D6D5A6.jpeg
AAC466B4-A7DF-4C0C-B29A-00588BF7FA0C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom