1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help, Worried about hatched duck.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CanChaser, Nov 6, 2011.

1. CanChaser

CanChaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2011
    Hiawatha kansas
    I had a duck hatch this morning at about 7am. Its all the way out of egg and still very wet. My concern is he is just laying there. He peeps and kicks a little but he's not trying to get up. Is that ok?

2. shadust1

shadust1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    might get a faster responce if u put this in the "duck" forum toward the bottom....i hope everything works out for the little feller... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. pek

pek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    i'm not a duck owner so i might be wrong, but do you have a box with a heat lamp? he might dry quicker if you put him in there, and with chickens you add some sugar to the water for strength, he might get something from that. good luck!!! [​IMG]

4. CanChaser

Oct 15, 2011
    Hiawatha kansas
    Thank u! Yeah I have been hatching chickens too. I am out of practice with ducks. He is still in the incubator starting to dry and getting stronger. He's sitting up some and trying to walk. Yay!!

5. pek

pek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Quote:That's great!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] put up some pics!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. CanChaser

Oct 15, 2011
    Hiawatha kansas
    Th one is doing well but I now have one that is hatching and there is blood coming out! What do I do??????

7. CanChaser

Oct 15, 2011
    Hiawatha kansas
    What about the egg that is bleeding?

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I would take a paper towel and hold it where it is bleeding and maybe the bleeding will stop. I had to do that to a chick once and it worked. It stopped bleeding and all was well.

9. 1234duck

1234duck Chillin' With My Peeps

CanChaser... Instead of posting your duck question here if you scroll down a little to the "Ducks" you will get help probably faster by somebody who knows more about ducks. (Not saying that nobody can help here. ~Julie~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by