help wt 2 do

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chittyn, Sep 14, 2011.

1. chittyn

chittyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    first egg pipped at 9:30 this morning and hatched this evening at 6:00 pm two others pipped just after but havent progressed much since. how long should i leave the eggs before i do something and how long until the last one ,which hasnt pipped yet, hatches

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Hi there, i'm no expert but i can tell you how my hatch progressed.
    1st egg pipped and did not hatch till 30 hours later, 2nd egg took from pip to hatching 20 hours and the last egg piped and was hatched in about 10 hours.
    It really does vary greatly, i have read a lot of posts from here and there is eggs that have took a couple of days or more to fully hatch out. Just make sure you don't open the bator and risk shrink wrapping the chicks, sit on your hands and be patient [​IMG]

3. chittyn

Aug 27, 2011
    ok thanks so does that mean i shouldnt take the chick out after 24 hours if the others are stilll hatching

4. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    NO you want to wait for the others exspecailly where your at right now, if you open it you could cause them to shrink wrap. After a chick has been hatched out, they can survive 3 days without food or water because they absorbed the yolk. So you will be OK for at least that long. But I doubt it very much if you have to wait 3 days. lol GOOD LUCK on your new hatchings...

5. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Mine sat and did nothing after the pip for at least 24 hours each egg. Then they started up again and were out in about 40 minutes. Don't worry yet. [​IMG]

6. chittyn

Aug 27, 2011
    2 out of 4 are out [​IMG] but one was begining to pip and pussh its way out but one of the chicks turned it over [​IMG] wt should i do?

7. chittyn

Aug 27, 2011
    please some 1

8. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Let nature take it's course. It will get out of that egg or it won't.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by