Help!!!!! Yolk sac not gone????

Allisha1

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 3, 2013
I'm rather new to this whole 'hatching chicks and ducklings'. I started early last summer, and I had pretty good hatch rates. I had to help one out of them all. I kept some ducks from that time, and they started laying eggs. I decided to incubate five of them. I ended up having to help them all.{Kinda}. Because the shells seemed more thick then usual, but I kept the humidity rather high. Four of them hatched yesterday{on day 31}. But there's one that isn't hatching.
I gave him a pip hole the day before yesterday, since he was in a malposition. He didn't peep or move at all at first, but last night and today he is starting to. I can tell he is getting weaker ad weaker. I followed instructions on here, and made the hole bigger.I could see little streaks of yellow, and then a larger one towards the bottom. The yolk sac isn't dissapearing, and I don't know what to do! Is it because his membrane kinda gtshrink wrapped? I am so worried for the little guy. He's getting eaker nd weaker. Should I take him out? What happens if the yolk sac wasn't dissolved into his body? Please help!

Pleeease help! I can't let it die.
sad.png

would help him out. That doesn't seem normal at all. I think he may Passaway, so don't get discouraged. I an so sorry and keep me updated.

Hm, I think you can take him out but leave him in the bottom part of his shell and put him upright in an egg carton to let him finish absorbing the yolk. He will take longer to get his energy back and may not make it in the end. You can mist the outside of the shell as you help him out to keep him from shrinkwrapping. Good luck, I'm sorry I don't know much more about it.

Thank you guys. I will try my best. I will have to open the egg more to show you guys how it looks. i was just worried tha he would starve or something while he is in the egg if the yolk sac isn't dissolving into his body. i'll look over the links, and then i'll decide what to do. thank you guys so much.

Right now I only have half the egg open, and along the sides is a yellow liquid. Some of it is dried up. could this affect the yolk sac, and make it not absorb? If it doesn't, should I cut it off? If i should, I heard it can get affected and kill the chick. They said antibacterial stuff might work, but what should I use?

Back
Top Bottom