HELP!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AdrianaRose24, Feb 5, 2016.

1. AdrianaRose24

AdrianaRose24 New Egg

Feb 5, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    So my husband and I found a chicken! So we got 3 more to keep her company. Not sure what beed the brown hen is? Anyone can tell me? But anyway the bigger issue is the 3 white ones have been "cock-a-doodle-doing" lately! I read hens can do this sometimes but it's rare. Do I have roosters instead of hens?! They said they would start laying by Feb-Mar! Please help we were looking for eggs! We won't be able to keep them if they're roosters the city of Chicago won't let us!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Very sorry, but the three white birds are all cockerels. The hen is a crossbred bantam .

3. AdrianaRose24

AdrianaRose24 New Egg

Feb 5, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    Oh man, thanks! I guess we will have to find a new home for theses boys! I guess we will be looking for hens that are laying and not chicks. Maybe more bantams then? Any suggestions where?

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Type 'Illinois' in the search bar at the top of the page. Perhaps someone there can help you find some local bantam hens.

5. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I hope you find a home or a stew pot soon for the boys or they'll be all over that little girl trying to mate her and that could cause some big problems.

Good luck, sorry you ended up with boys you can't keep!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I agree with members above - them's boys. Thats a bum deal - sorry. I hope that you find the GIRLS that you are looking for very soon.

All the best
    CT

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to join the Illinois state thread. I know there are also some Chicago backyard chickens kind of clubs - you may be able to find them on google. I believe Chicago also has coop tours you can go on. I wasn't aware that Chicago didn't allow roosters.

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. What a bum deal. Good luck with finding you're future girls and homes for your boys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by