Help!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by hannahjhamilton, Mar 28, 2016.

1. hannahjhamilton

hannahjhamilton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2016
    While on a walk around the pond in my neighborhood I found a feamale duck with two broken legs. We out her in a big plastic container with thick blanks lining the bottom of it. She's very calm and is now indoors with us. We tired 3 different 24/7 vet offices but non will see a duck. The wild life reduce people won't open until tomorrow AM. Does anyone have advice on what I should do? I've owned and raised 2 peken Ducks before so I'm not completely clueless when it comes to these animals. I've just never had to deal with angry one before.

2. Kroelies

Kroelies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    Any updates? Seeing a vet is probably the best thing to do. What breed is she?

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I responded to this post somewhere, I believe. @hannahjhamilton - how are things?

4. hannahjhamilton

hannahjhamilton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2016
    Yes! Sorry updated a different post. Here's what's up- Got back from the vet with Daisy! She has two fractures. One in her leg and one in her wing. She's going into surgery soon to get all fixed up! Right now she's enjoying some mealworms because she was a good girl during her check up [​IMG][​IMG] she will be staying over night and we will be picking her up tomorrow.

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by