1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newbie11, May 17, 2016.

1. newbie11

newbie11 Just Hatched

May 17, 2016
    Floyd, Va
    This is my first time hatching...it's day 20, 2 hatched yesterday and one this morning. The rest are doing nothing...but humidity is staying 76-84. How can I keep it down (I've removed the red pins at the top). Also can I move the chicks?

2. feedman77

feedman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Give the ones left a few more days.

Some hatched early. Not knowing what type of incubator you have. There could be hot and cold spots in the incubator that affect development and hatching.

With humidity in that range I would be comfortable moving the chicks that have hatched

If none of the other have external pipped I might even candle a couple quickly to see where they have progressed to.

Good luck

3. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington

I shoot for 70% during hatch.. generally when some hatch humidity spikes... usally I take advantage of that by lifting a corner and snatching older chicks out... not the chicks that just hatched..this usally lowers humidity and let's some foul air out.. don't let it to cold or let humidity drop past the 70 mark..

That's what I do..others may disagree so make your own judgment

4. newbie11

newbie11 Just Hatched

May 17, 2016
    Floyd, Va

5. newbie11

newbie11 Just Hatched

May 17, 2016
    Floyd, Va
    I have a circulated air digital incubator (styrofoam)

6. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington

That doesn't mean you don't have cold or hot spots. The little giant 9300 is bad for that I've found. .even with a fan

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by