1. AurielRed

AurielRed New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    I have a 11 week old silkie that is sneezing and wheezing. Not really drinking or eating or acting itsself.can anyone please help?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How long have you had her, and have you recently brought in other birds? Respiratory diseases can show up in days after exposure. Some are viruses, some bacterial, and some are from molds. Tylan or oxytetracycline in the water may treat bacterial diseases. Separate her from other chickens, keep her warm, and make sure coop ventilation is good.

3. AurielRed

AurielRed New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    I have had her a week today. She is separated from my other chicks. She has been in my house in a tote bin for 3 days now and still sneezing. I was told in a different form that I could give her Wal tussin (Walgreens off brand of robotussin) I have Givin it to her 2 times. I have Givin her 1cc of it as she is so tiny. This is my first time with chickens. She is the last one I bought

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I would be very cautious giving cough syrup to a chicken. Sneezing can be a sign of infectious bronchitis or milder strains of mycoplasma (MG.) here is a good link to read about those 2 diseases, among others--just scroll down to those:
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by