Help :(

MisPatitos

Hatching
May 10, 2016
I have four ducks, a Pekin (that I'm pretty sure is female as she is quacking) a Crested, a Mallard, and a Runner. They were all raised together (with the Runner and Mallard being a couple weeks younger) and are starting to molt into what I'm assuming is their adult feathers. The three that are not quacking have the deeper raspy sound that a Drake makes. I cant get anymore females unless I exchange out some males. Is that my only option? I don't want them to hurt my only female. It will just suck as these are beloved pets that I raised on my own. (My first ever ducks) I know sometimes there can be females in disguise. Do I just wait for a Drake feather to determine sex of the other three or should I get some males out of there ASAP?

I have four ducks, a Pekin (that I'm pretty sure is female as she is quacking) a Crested, a Mallard, and a Runner. They were all raised together (with the Runner and Mallard being a couple weeks younger) and are starting to molt into what I'm assuming is their adult feathers. The three that are not quacking have the deeper raspy sound that a Drake makes. I cant get anymore females unless I exchange out some males. Is that my only option? I don't want them to hurt my only female. It will just suck as these are beloved pets that I raised on my own. (My first ever ducks) I know sometimes there can be females in disguise. Do I just wait for a Drake feather to determine sex of the other three or should I get some males out of there ASAP?
You have time. If you can't get more females and don't want to get rid of the drakes, keep the drakes penned up separate from the girl. Good luck. I know it's a hard decision but you've got to protect your girl.

I just had to make a hard decision to get rid of one of my Drakes....Not easy, but for the good of my flock.
I found him a great home so it does make the decision a lot easier.
My two Drakes were fighting and trying to Hump and drown each other in the pool. Keeping the Call drake and getting rid of my Welsh....

Back
Top Bottom