1. sliukko

sliukko Just Hatched

Nov 2, 2016
    ]Hello All, so glad to be a part of such a neat thing...I'm in desperate need of help. I have a Delaware rooster. He was hatched in July. Actually, I just realized yesterday he was a rooster. He has always been bigger than my others, but is now starting to get big tail feathers and a comb. He is so sweet, but as he's growing, one of his legs is slowly getting worse. I don't rearly know a lot about chickens at all. It's at like a 90 degree angle. I can tell it hurts if I touch it.[

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG]

How long has his leg been like this? Can you post a pic or two of it, so we can see what's going on there? I think it may be fractured, or dislocated, if it's at an angle, but it's hard to tell from the little info you gave.

3. sliukko

sliukko Just Hatched

Nov 2, 2016
    Yes, for sure. I forgot to do that. [​IMG]

4. sliukko

sliukko Just Hatched

Nov 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hi, welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

That does look really painful! For me, I probably wouldn't be able to afford the vet. And not sure I could perform the procedure, so I might cull. [​IMG]

Hope you get better ideas. [​IMG]

6. sliukko

sliukko Just Hatched

Nov 2, 2016
    Thank you

7. sliukko

sliukko Just Hatched

Nov 2, 2016
    It's been bad for awhile, but getting worse. I don't know much about chickens, he is still fairly young. Born in July. I didn't notice it though until he was about 8 weeks old

8. sliukko

sliukko Just Hatched

Nov 2, 2016
    Awesome. Thank you so much

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    You're welcome. I really hope there is something in there that will help your poor chicken. Please keep us posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by